SOLVED

Update Primary Contact vis Staff Action

Go to solution
Samantha_Cossum
Level 3

Update Primary Contact vis Staff Action

Hey everyone,

I feel like this question has probably been asked before and tried to dig around in the community but wasn't really finding what I wanted so forgive me if this has already been asked and answered!

I'm trying to think of a way to basically relate two records together. The scenario is that a client can nominate one of their team members for an award by filling out a form. We would want to drop the staff into a sequence and then note of the clients record that they have nominated a staff member. If necessary I could see using multi-step forms where the client puts in their information first and then puts in their staff. but if possible would prefer if we could just have them enter the staff and then have Marketo relate that the staff members works for X company and check a box on the primary contact.

Would love to hear any ideas and suggestions if anyone has tackled this in the past.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Update Primary Contact vis Staff Action

Hi Samantha,

Look into the community for "referrals"

If you are ready to go the code way, Sanford Whiteman​ published a neat and efficient way to solve it here: MktoForms2 :: send form twice w/diff data - JSFiddle

Otherwise, you can capture the referred person in additional fields and create a new lead with a call to the save2 endpoint, using a webhook.

Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Samantha,

Look into the community for "referrals"

If you are ready to go the code way, Sanford Whiteman​ published a neat and efficient way to solve it here: MktoForms2 :: send form twice w/diff data - JSFiddle

Otherwise, you can capture the referred person in additional fields and create a new lead with a call to the save2 endpoint, using a webhook.

Greg

Samantha_Cossum
Level 3

Hi Greg,

My only worry with doing it that way is that all these people should already be in our system as it's not really a referral its just a nomination of a client that we then want to drop into a sequence. Can I can us using Sanford's method if we have to, just wanted to explore if there was a way to to say if a form fill happens on this person record, check this box on person B's record.

Thanks!

Sam

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In general, a referral has to account for an email already being in your system. There's no way to insulate against that in daily operation anyway, you just have to detect it, i.e. if the New Person activity is from the Referral Form then it was a referral, otherwise it was someone trying to get some sweet kickback $ for someone already there.

You can fire a webhook from one record to another if all you need to do is check one checkbox. I prefer to do as much as possible from the browser because it's vastly more scalable.