I sent a series of emails to different geographical regions yesterday and noticed that they all had a huge open rate of 100%. When I look at the email send dashboard I can see that the delivery rates are really low (about 20%) and the total delivery seems to match that of the opens.
I've sent to these smart lists before where the open rate was roughly 20% and the delivery rate was about 95%. There have been no changes to the filters within the smart lists.
Does anyone know what might be the problem here?
This is a current issue that Marketo is aware of, I'd recommend submitting a support case. It's unclear if the problem is the actual delivery of the emails or if it is simply not registering the delivery in the activity log. Right now only those emails that are opened are shown as being delivered, hence the 100% open rate. I've seen it now for three of our email sends in the last 24 hours
FYI there was a bug that was preventing email delivery events from writing to activity logs for some customers between last night and late morning today PST. Actual email delivery was not affected and opens and clicks were not affected either. After we identified and resolved the issue, all the pending delivery events wrote on the lead records as expected.