Unsuspend a suspended account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsuspend a suspended account

Hello,

A few of our emails got suspended due to the mail sever accidentally finding them as SPAM and we need hep to un-suspend them. I had heard that after 24 hours they will automatically get un-suspended however this was not the case.

Right now it is over 30 hours and yet nothing.

I am also unable to manually un-suspend them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 6.45.00 PM.png

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Unsuspend a suspended account

Don't worry, they will get unsuspended in our system but that field in Marketo will not get changed back automatically. The name of the field should probably be "Email was suspended at some point"

You could create a campaign to set it back to false for people that haven't had it changed in last 24 hrs. But, totally unnecessary. Only if you are a perfectionist.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Email Suspended is a system field and cannot be modified.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

That's a great point! So, I'm wrong, you have to live with the field saying "True"

Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Have you tried creating a batch campaign that runs nightly to un-mark the email suspended addresses? You could also export them, delete them from the instance, then re-import them and then that would reset their suspended status.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Wouldn't you then lose al the activity history?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you look at the detail in the suspend message here https://kb.mimecast.com/Email_Gateway_and_Security/Email_Gateway_Administration/Monitoring/Mimecast_...  you will see that 5XX codes are considered almost universally considered hard/permanent bounces.

In my experience with many other systems your example would be considered a hard bounce.