SOLVED

Re: Unsubsribe Token Issues

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubsribe Token Issues

If my unsibscribe page is this https://pages.cbps.canon.com/UnsubscribeLink.html, what do I need to do to get the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token to take clickers to that page?

I am having issues using the token -- when I try to use the token {{system.unsubscribeLink}} in emails (rather than having it auto-populate at the bottom of emails), the link takes me to the fall-back page.

I am wondering if I have to set something up in the admin section for the token to work.In the email unsubscribe section in the admin page, I have the below set up:

<div style="align:center"><table width=600 align=center><tr><td align=center><p><font face="Verdana" style="font-size:10px;">If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribeLink.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">Unsubscribe</a><br/> </font> </p></td></tr></table></div>

This seems like the obvious area where I would need to insert the correct marketo token: mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##.

When I try inserting the token here like so (mkt_tok={{system.unsubscribeLink}} and other iterations without the "system" and without the "{{" and "}}" I still get sent to the fall back page.

Any insight is very much appreciated. I need to insert the token in my emails because the automated system unsubscribe text does not render properly on Droids.

Thanks!

Steve

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephen,

There is a shorter way to achieve this : change the URL of your unsubscribe LP to UnsubscribePage.html. Go to the LP, Menu "Landing Page Actions -> URL Tools -> Edit URL Settings".

You can even choose to keep the previous URL as well (if it's used somewhere).

In case the UnsubscribePage.html URL is used by an old LP, go to it and change it's value to UnsubscribePage-old.html

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Steve,

In the Admin section you need to put a direct link to your page, not the %mkto_opt_out_prefix%.  So your code would look like this:

<div style="align:center"><table width=600 align=center><tr><td align=center><p><font face="Verdana" style="font-size:10px;">If you no longer wish to receive these emails, click on the following link: <a href="https://nation.marketo.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpages.cbps.canon.com%2FUnsubscribeLi... ?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">Unsubscribe</a><br/> </font> </p></td></tr></table></div>

Also, the token should be placed in the body of the email as is. {{system.unsubscribeLink}}

You don't need any thing else, just that token.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi John,

What is the mkt_unsubscribe=1 parameter doing ?

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephen,

There is a shorter way to achieve this : change the URL of your unsubscribe LP to UnsubscribePage.html. Go to the LP, Menu "Landing Page Actions -> URL Tools -> Edit URL Settings".

You can even choose to keep the previous URL as well (if it's used somewhere).

In case the UnsubscribePage.html URL is used by an old LP, go to it and change it's value to UnsubscribePage-old.html

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John and Gregoire!

I had sime difficulty getting John's method to work (probably user error on my part), but I was able to get this fixed using Gregoire's suggestion.

Thanks to you both!

Steve