Unsubscribes Still Receiving Emails

Jessica_Brook
Level 2

Re: Unsubscribes Still Receiving Emails

I think something similar may be happening to these contacts I found. I see in their activity log that they successfully unsubscribe but during a data sync the unsubscribe field is changed from 'true' to 'false' and then the contacts were included in the next email send. I have included a screen shot

pastedImage_0.png

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Who has access to edit the unsubscribe field? Could it be possible that your sales team is doing this? At a previous company it was an epidemic of sales people opting people back in because they "didn't really mean to opt out".

Jessica_Brook
Level 2

Everyone who has sfdc access can change this field and I know sales people are changing unsubscribed to 'true' when they come across people who say they have unsubscribed but salesforce is not reflecting that. I don't think anyone is opting people back in

James_Leedom1
Level 2 - Champion Alumni

From what it looks like there, Salesforce is the program that is changing the unsubscribe back from True to False. For some reason the original command from the sync didn't take in your instance of Salesforce. I would open a support ticket.

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could edit the Block Field Updates from the unsubscribe to block updates from Salesforce. But then sales people wouldn't be able to unsubscribe people manually, so that could cause a separate problem.