Re: Unsubscribed from emails for definite period.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribed from emails for definite period.

How to  make sure or build campaigns that the person who has unsubscribed from our emails/newsletters for some definite period say 30 days doesn't receive the emails for that period from any of our campaigns . After this period is over person starts receiving the emails from our campaigns.

TIA

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please move the thread to Products​ to continue.  This place is for comments re: the community website, not support.

David_Gaible
Level 7

Hi Nikhil Sharma​,

Be careful about the specifics - if a person has unsubscribed, you legally need to honor that preference. What you're describing sounds like you want to mark a person as 'marketing suspended' for a time period.

Helpful Marketo documentation around unsubscribed vs. marketing suspended: Understanding Unsubscribe - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree with David Gaible​'s warning about unsubscribed vs. Marketing Suspended.

I have a field called 60 day suspended (boolean). If people choose to remove themselves from emails for 60 days, it's part of my workflow to remove those people from emails. In my case, I use "Smart List = Marketable" for all emails to remove inactives, unsubscribes, etc. So I just include 60 day suspended to that smart list (specifically 60 day suspended is NOT true) and they're removed from emails automatically.

Then I have a program that pulls in everyone who has that checkbox marked, a 60 day waitstep then unmarks the checkbox.