SOLVED

Re: Unsubscribed from Email Trigger with Custom Email Subscription link

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribed from Email Trigger with Custom Email Subscription link

Hi All,

We have a custom unsubscribe link in our emails my web designer set up in the admin section. See below:

This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you wish to unsubscribe or update your email preferences, please visit our email subscription center here: our%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##.

I am wondering how this affects the Unsubscribed From Email trigger. If they click this link, does Marketo think they have unsubscribed? Or is it only after they have selected Unsubscribe from the landing page? Is this trigger suppose to match up with the Unsubscribed trigger?

Thanks!

Dan
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless I am missing something, why not just create a lead and try unsubscribing and see if marketo recognizes it. - Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless I am missing something, why not just create a lead and try unsubscribing and see if marketo recognizes it. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeffrey,

Tried it - The Unsubscribed to Email trigger only occurs after checking the Unsubscribe box and and clicking the Submit button on the landing page. It does not happen when you click the link in the email.

Best,

Dan