Re: Unsubscribed from Email Program

Carlos_Barrera
Level 2

Unsubscribed from Email Program

Hello Communitty

I want to ask is there a way in Marketo to easily set up a program/email blast that has an unsubscribe option, but that unsubscribe will only apply to that specific email/program? Not remove you from all communications from us? I really appreciate if somone can help me with that.

6 REPLIES 6
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Carlos,

So this looks like a case for a subscription center. Essentially, you offer people the choice to unsubscribe from all of your communication or just components of it (product updates, event invites, etc.). You can find a few ideas here: https://nation.marketo.com/search.jspa?q=subscription%20center

Karyn_Hill
Level 4

This is what we used and it works marvelously.

Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Hi Carlos,

You can not unsubscribe people from one program. It's all or nothing.

What you can do is... create a smart campaign to regularly remove people from that program/email blast. Make sure you schedule it run before email blast.

You should also use campaign smartlist filters to exclude that audience from your campaign.

If you want to temporarily pause all communications to that user, Marketing suspend them for a month or 2.

Gunjan

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unsubscribed  from Email Program

You can move someone to Unsubscribed status within a program. That status needs to be manually included in filters, yes, but since we're talking about non-standard, non-global fields anyway, it's a quite simple approach that fits the concept of "Unsubscribed from Program."

Carlos_Barrera
Level 2

Thanks for your comments but is unclear for me the way to do this. How can I set this Program? what action should do the lead in order for be unsubscribed?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unsubscribed  from Email Program

Unsubscribed is an available status that you add for that program type.

Change the person's program status as you would for any other status.

Then treat this status as an exclusion list.