SOLVED

Re: Unsubscribe link - non Marketo landing page/form

Go to solution
Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Unsubscribe link - non Marketo landing page/form

We are updating our Unsubscribe/Preferences page from a Marketo landing page/form to Drupal landing page/form. Any pointers on how I change this in our settings?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kelly,

This is more about removing something from the admin, in admin-> email:

pastedImage_1.png

This will remove Marketo std unsubscribe link from your emails.

Now, be careful that you need to be very thorough on making sure that the unsubscribe info is updated into Marketo, especially if you are operating in some EU countries such as Germany.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Changing the global unsubscribe HTML is in Admin » Email.  That's not the hard part.

The problem is you're going to be greatly decreasing your functionality and resilience (i.e. ability to guarantee availability of the business-critical unsubscribe function) by switching to a Drupal-only page.  How are you going to connect the Drupal information to Marketo? Server-side form posts -- if that was your answer -- are rate-limited, so a very successful or very unsuccessful (unsubscribe-heavy) campaign will not be processed by Marketo unless you take specific steps to "drip" (i.e. queue) the form data from PHP to Marketo.  Otherwise, you're taking too much of a risk for a professional org.

You can more easily return to resilience by using the Forms 2.0 API to post your Drupal-built forms to Marketo directly from the browser, not from your PHP server, so you don't have to queue up form posts (Make a Marketo Form Submission in the background).

But you still won't get the "magic" a Marketo-hosted UnsubscribePage.html gives you, like email-specific unsubscribes.  Your team should be aware of the pitfalls and development needs.  This isn't as simple as just "our Drupal form looks prettier, let's use that."

Kelly_Schmid3
Level 4

Hi Sanford - we use Drupal landing pages and forms for everything on our website using API. That is not the issue. I just need to know what to add to the admin section to update the footers of our emails.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kelly,

This is more about removing something from the admin, in admin-> email:

pastedImage_1.png

This will remove Marketo std unsubscribe link from your emails.

Now, be careful that you need to be very thorough on making sure that the unsubscribe info is updated into Marketo, especially if you are operating in some EU countries such as Germany.

-Greg