Unsubscribe link issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe link issues

Has anyone ever received comments from customers complaining that the "unsubscribe link does not work"? We keep getting these complaints, but no real feedback regarding in what way the link is not working, e.g., it isn't clickable, it goes to a wrong landing page or page with an error, etc. They just say "the link doesn't work." We've tested it in-house and also have taken it to Support, but so far no one has been able to duplicate this issue.

Thank you,

Laura

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsubscribe link issues

FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ section of the site -- you will get an answer there faster.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you provide your link from a live email and the one in your system?

Did you check their activity log to see if Unsubscribe is  being set?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Here is the link we use in live emails: unsubscribe

And here is the coding for the link in our system:

<p><font face="Calibri" size=".1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">unsubscribe</a> at any time. </font> </p>

I'm not sure how to extract the actual link out of this coding.

Yes, I have checked and it wasn't unsubscribed.

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Your Email Unsubscribe HTML code is correct.  The compressed link you sent resolves to http://pages.jerusalemprayerteam.org/UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWf..., which also appears to be correct.  However, unless you are prepopulating the unsubscribe form fields with their contact info, they may be entering a different email address than the one to which you sent the email and in that case, a new unsubscribed lead record would be created and their existing lead record would still be subscribed.  If this is the case you should pre-populate the form and really shouldn't allow the lead to change the email address lest they cause a new lead record to be created.

Elliott_Lowe1

Does your unsubscribe page provide an Unsubscribe checkbox or equivalent that they must check and then click a Submit button in order to unsubscribe?  After they click the Submit button do you display a confirmation message? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliot, no it doesn't. We do have a confirmation message though. Would you be able to send me an example of the setup for a page with the checkbox?

Thanks,

Laura

Elliott_Lowe1

Here's the link to our subscription preference page, which let's them change their mind or select a slower email cadence.

http://iin.integrativenutrition.com/emailsubscription.html

There was an excellent help article on setting up an email preference center, which I cannot find in the new Community.  Perhaps Scott K. Wilder​ can provide the link to that.  If not I may be able to cobble together a few notes for you about how we did it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Elliot! I'm going to digest this and reply as soon as I'm able to get a grasp...

Best regards,

Laura