SOLVED

Re: Unsubscribe link either in footer of template or appended to email

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Unsubscribe link either in footer of template or appended to email

Normally, we haven't had our unsubscribe link as part of our templates since it gets added to the bottom of each email that sends out (below where the template ends). However, we recently created new templates in which the unsubscribe link is actually part of the template itself and uses the system unsubscribe token. Out of curiosity, why doesn't the unsubscribe link append to the bottom of these templates, as well, when they send out? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's only one link to unsubscribe, but I'm a little curious what is recognizing that the link is already there and leaving it off the bottom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

{{system.unsubscribeLink}} should let Marketo know not to add the default.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

{{system.unsubscribeLink}} should let Marketo know not to add the default.

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Huh...interesting. I didn't know it wouldn't add the default if that token was present. Thank you! I'm assuming, then, once I remove that token from the template, the default link will pop up in the email? I suppose I can test and see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh -

I'm trying this out and we're playing with the URL <http://info.gigya.com/Updated-Unsubscribe.html> and I'm using the token you suggested above.

When I used the token, the unsubscribe url in my email doesn't work, I get re-directed to my home page. Any idea why?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If you do not want to use the token proposed by Josh, but a specific URL, make sure you add

?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

at the end of the URL.

-Greg