SOLVED

Unsubscribe link doesn't work if scripts are disabled

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe link doesn't work if scripts are disabled

Hi guys,

Recently I received an email from a customer that requested a Unsubscribe via direct email, becuase the Unsubscribe link didn't work. She says that our "unsubscribe link does not work unless scripts are enabled; which is a highly insecure approach in these days of malware and other security risks."

It is true, I mean, how can I test it please? and if so, is there a workaround for this please?

Thnak you!

Regards,

Raúl

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unsubscribe link doesn't work if scripts are disabled

Tracked links don't work without JS. (We have a workaround for this but it requires that you run a custom tracking server.)

Embedded forms don't function without JS.

Named forms on Marketo LPs have a noscript variant, but obviously none of the script-based behaviors will work (interactions between fields, validations, etc.).

"Highly insecure" is a pretty ridiculous assertion regardless, and this sounds like the kind of person who's never written a line of code... but I digress.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Tracked links don't work without JS. (We have a workaround for this but it requires that you run a custom tracking server.)

Embedded forms don't function without JS.

Named forms on Marketo LPs have a noscript variant, but obviously none of the script-based behaviors will work (interactions between fields, validations, etc.).

"Highly insecure" is a pretty ridiculous assertion regardless, and this sounds like the kind of person who's never written a line of code... but I digress.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

On top of Sanford's comment, navigating with JS disabled is an especially painful experience. No modern web site works correctly without JS...

-Greg