Unsubscribe and Email Opt out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe and Email Opt out

Hi All,

We have person account on our SFDC. Rght now we are working on our email subscription preference. I am wondering since we have person account how can it affect our unsubcribe flow. Since (Leads and contact) are mapped to HasOptedOutOfEmail and Person Account is mapped to PersonHasOptedOutOfEmail.

I did some test and find that most of the time when I changed (person account) to unsubscribed = true, Email opt out will also become true. If I change the Email opt out to true, Unsubscribe will also change to true.

So I think they just mirror. But when I created an smart list. I have found out that we have a lot of record with different value. Both in contact and person account.

Do you have any idea why?

And also if a person account click unsubscribe on email. What field on salesforce will change is it HasOptedOutOfEmail or PersonHasOptedOutOfEmail or both?

THanks,

Ron

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Unsubscribe and Email Opt out

But when I created an smart list. I have found out that we have a lot of record with different value. Both in contact and person account.

Presumably because at the time this value was changed, there is was a sync profile/permissions problem. That or you're not looking in the actual linked SFDC record. If you change the value for one of these leads now in Marketo (and change it back of course) does it not sync? Normally these fields are synchronized.