Re: Unsubscribe Pages for Marketo AND Non-Marketo Emails

Ruth_Baucom
Level 3

Unsubscribe Pages for Marketo AND Non-Marketo Emails

Has anyone configured a Marketo preference center page to be used for emails sent from other systems outside of Marketo? If you did, what kind of adjustments did you have to make?

If your business also has the need for unsubscribe pages outside of Marketo, do you have a separate solution for those pages and have the unsubscribe data feed into Marketo?

4 REPLIES 4
Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Hi Ruth Baucom​,

Ideally the unsubscribe/preference center should be hosted at the same system that you are suing to send out email as you can check the email performance right there and determine how many people have unsubscribed from that email.

But if you have to use the Marketo hosted subscription center, you can do that with following adjustment:

• Add a query parameter in the subscription preference URL, let's say unsub_src (unsubscribe source) and use the email name, email ID or subject line as the value of this parameter. E.g: mysite.com/preference-center?unsub_src=my_email_1
  • Add a hidden field on the marketo form to capture this additional query parameter value

This way, whenever anyone unsubscribe from the email sent by a different system, you will be able to capture the source of unsubscribe. You can create a smart list to filter out ho many people have unsubscribed form that particular email.

Also, I'm sure you are already doing it but if you will use Marketo subscription preference center, it will be your master database for the communication preferences and you should be pulling the target list after remove unsub from marketo itself.

Hope this helps.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are also solutions that can do this across multiple systems as a 'preference card' that helps with certain compliance (ex: GDPR). I'm combining marketing, sales/SDR and in-product compliance across one preference center. It's not Marketo, but this product uses Marketo tokens to work which is pretty cool.

Ruth_Baucom
Level 3

What is the name of the vendor/product you are using Christina Zuniga​?

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ruth Baucom​ I'm still implementing (and I didn't select this product, the legal team did and I wasn't involved in the evaluation) so I can't give a recommendation as or , but I'm working with DataGrail.