Hello, I am seeing differing numbers in the reporting of Unsubscribes between two ways of reporting on emails.
Option #1 - We used Email Performance report to look at the metrics. If you look at the Number of Unsubscribes for the email sent on July 14th the # of unsubscribes is 65.
Option #2 - We used Email Insights & then clicked Sends to view results of the same email, which had a subject line test. If you look here there are only 39 unsubscribes reported.
Any idea where there is a discrepancy? Only idea I have is that the Email Performance report records how many people click the ubsubscribe button in the actual email. But then the Email Insights report only records people that actually went through with unsubscribing. Any idea on if that is true or which other scenario it is?
Thanks for the help!
Hi @WestChris -
There are a couple things you will need to check to see why this is happening.
First, in the second screenshot (which is the Email Program Dashboard by the way, not Email Insights) you are looking at the test view of the dashboard. The test view only displays data from the "send test" phase, not the "send winner" phase. You can see the total view of the send ("send test" + "send winner") by clicking at the top of the dashboard where it says "test view".
Second, be sure to double check the time frame of both reports. In the screenshot, the dashboard is showing you a timeframe of three days but I can't tell what timeframe you have set for the email performance report - it usually defaults to 7 days.
Hi @Tracey_Bartz1 thanks for a response!
Followups to your points:
We usually have a lot of inaccurate data between Email Insights and the actual data from the email program.
Basically every time we open a support ticket and after a few days they "fix" it somehow until the details are the same.
Thanks @Ronen-Was-SRpro will look into opening up a support ticket if this can't be figured out.