SOLVED

Re: Unsubscribe: Allowing for select unsubscribes

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe: Allowing for select unsubscribes

My company is new to Marketo and we currently have a simple unsubscribe page that just allows for universal unsubscribing. Is there a way to set this up so that they can choose to receive different types of emails and unsubscribe from others? For example, we will be sending out new product announcements, advertisements, a monthly newsletter, security updates (we are a credit union), etc. Is there a way someone could choose which to unsubscribe to, versus just all of them?

Thanks for any and all help!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You'll want to create a subscription center. Here are my favorite instructions for going about this: Subscription Center

This won't unsubscribe people from emails, but it will allow them to opt-in or opt-out. The difference being that if the preference filters aren't applied to a campaign, they could still qualify for other email campaigns they haven't opted into (as opposed to "unsubscribe", which won't allow them to qualify for any email non-operational campaigns).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caroline Moore​ welcome to Marketo!! I will let the experts, the Community answer your question. In the meantime, let me know what the Community can do to help your onboarding process -- what we can do to help you learn and leverage Marketo.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You'll want to create a subscription center. Here are my favorite instructions for going about this: Subscription Center

This won't unsubscribe people from emails, but it will allow them to opt-in or opt-out. The difference being that if the preference filters aren't applied to a campaign, they could still qualify for other email campaigns they haven't opted into (as opposed to "unsubscribe", which won't allow them to qualify for any email non-operational campaigns).

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Also see my extensive doc on this:

Marketo Email Reputation Management

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use static lists as "distribution lists" and the program status in a custom "email subscription" channel to monitor whether or not leads are new, opted in, double opt in (confirmed email), expired for inactivity, or unsubscribed.

One of the nice things about updating the static lists with your email subscription center (as opposed to just using fields on the lead record to measure who is subscribed to what) is the relative speed increase in the email sends since the email programs are sending emails to a set and known group of people rather than having to go through your entire database to qualify everyone based on a field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point, Robert. Do you still have people checking boxes for which type of subscription they're looking for? Do you mind sharing screenshot of how you get this done?