SOLVED

Unsub link not working

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsub link not working

The unsubscribe link in my footer is not configured correctly. It currently points to email.mydomain.com, and should point to go.mydomain.com. I found the branding domains section in My Marketo > Admin > Email, but changing to go.* redirects to my main site instead of linking to the unsubscribe page.

Any insights?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unsub link not working

Discovered this was an issue on our internal network - not a Marketo problem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Ed,

I would recommend double checking if you are adding the unsubscribe link to your emails using {{system.unsubscribeLink}}, if so, you must have a page that ends in /UnsubscribePage.html or the token when used will not locate the needed page and direct users to your fallback page. As a reminder, Marketo will use what is shown in admin only when an email does not already contain a {{system.unsubscribeLink}}. So if that token exists in your email, what you have in Admin doesn't matter at all. 2 options to resolve, remove the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} token from your email and let Marketo append the unsubscribe information you have in Admin, or leave it in the email and update the URL path for your new page unsub page to end in /UnsubscribePage.html which is the set URL path the token uses.

Here is a helpful resource on unsubscribe links written by Grégoire Michel​ : The comprehensive guide to setting up the unsubscribe link

If following these instruction still presents issues, I would recommend filing a ticket with Marketo support and look into potential issues with your branding sub domain.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Discovered this was an issue on our internal network - not a Marketo problem

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Ed Selby​,

Can you mark your answer as correct so that people know this has been solved and it moves down the discussion thread.

Thanks,

Gerard