Re: Unrendered Tokens in Sales Insight Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unrendered Tokens in Sales Insight Emails

Hey guys,

It's been brought to attention that emails sent via Sales Insight with tekens don't show in the SFDC records as rendered/resolved. For example, if someone sends out an email with {{lead.First Name:default=}} in the subject line, it shows as lead.First Name under the subject of the SFDC activity, as well as in the email history with the Sales Insight app. Also, any bounced notices from Marketo will also show unresolve tokens.

On the receiving end they look to be rendering alright.

Has anyone seen this? Is it normal?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is current behavior at this time.  It does work properly on the receiving end.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this still the case? The Tokens are rendering properly on for the recipient, but not showing as rendered in the email history?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I don't recall how I resolved this, but I do know from experience that the brackets used in tokens can cause issues when copy/pasting. This can cause some funky behavior including tokens not rendering or emails not actually going out (I had test emails that wouldn't go out, and this was the case).

Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

What about program tokens? It seems they can't be resolved in a MSI email. Any way around this?

In theory if a MSI email resides within a program in Marketing Activities shouldn't the tokens render upon send?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo Support​ was this issue resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still seeing this as an issue. Marketo Support​ any timeline for a fix?

Marit_Rossing
Level 3

We are also still seeing this issue. When will this be fixed Marketo Support ?

Sean_Richards
Level 5

I have the same issue. I have an email in a webinar program and I've exposed the invitation to MSI, but the Program tokens are not being populated when sent through Marketo from within SFDC MSI.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

Sean Richards
Michael_Hartman
Level 1

Hard to believe this is still an issue 3 years later.