Unnecessary white space under form embedded as an iframe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unnecessary white space under form embedded as an iframe

Hi All,

We have a form |  where if you click on the check box trade-in  "yes", it shows you additional form fields and if you choose "no" then you do not see the additional form fields, I want to remove the visibility rule so that it always shows up but I want it greyed out when some one chooses "no" . The form is embedded as an i frame and it creates white space under the form when someone selects no..

Could anyone please help me with the above?

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Unnecessary white space under form embedded as an iframe

Hi Addy,

I cannot see the white space you are talking about. I is probably something that shows up only on certain browsers (I use Chrome)

If you want to replace the visibility rules with some fancy behavior, you will have to do it with some Javascript and the forms 2.0 API. It will take a JS developer.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg, I've covered up the white space with Save Search and Search Again hyperlinks ...when no is selected..its right under the form yes I agree I'm working on the JS code now

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Addy Sharma​,

The white space is caused because the height of the div changes depending upon what fields are visible.  If you wanted it to always be the same height regardless of wether or not the yes or no was checked you would need to give the following css style a fixed height of 674px. This will only be for desktop though and would need removed in  the media queries for tablet and mobile.

.m-cardetails-quote .inner-wrapper {}

There also seems to be some other breakpoint issues in your page responsiveness and also the question doesn't address having the form greyed out rather than hiding it.  For that you will need to implement javascript on the form.

The Save Search and Search Again buttons also need their position sorted, they jump around because the main section at the top is not high enough.

Thanks,

Gerard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gerard for your reply, will get the issues sorted out with my developers..