Re: Ungated LP Campaign Tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ungated LP Campaign Tracking

I'm starting to ungate certain pieces of content and I am wondering if possible to capture people in SFDC campaigns through a flow step if I already have these people known in my Marketo DB. I understand new people won't be filling a form, but if I have these people already known, can I do this?

My thoughts for this is I created an ungated dummy page with a url, but put in web routing rules to immediately route towards our hosted pdf (which is in AWS). That dummy url has utm parameters which I'm trying also to use for tracking. Wondering if the dummy url would indeed get registered before routing to the hosted pdf, and then that's how I can capture the person into a campaign.

I haven't been able to successfully get the result with my testing, wondering if it's because the dummy url before the reroute isn't logging or this just isn't possible and I need a gated form.

Here is my smart campaign.

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 4.03.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 4.06.13 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Calon,

Please provide the URL or your dummy page.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

An HTTP 301 to a downloadable asset will never be logged as a Visit Web Page. Munchkin Visit Web Page (like all analytics) requires JS and the 301 is processed before the page even draws.

You can use a redirector page as described @ http://blog.teknkl.com/stop-using-direct-download-links-unless-you-like-losing-tracking/ which will log the VWP hit (well, 99.999% of the time!) before redirecting to the asset.