Understanding Web Page Activity report

Megan_Raftery
Level 1

Understanding Web Page Activity report

We recently added our munchkin code to a dev site. Why am I not able to see any activity from that site in the Web Activity report or on the Lead record in the Activity Log?

When I try to create a Web Activity Report or smartlist, I am able to see the page web pages (urls) in the dropdown of the Web Page field. I can create the report but no results are returned. It seems Marketo can see the web pages but is not connecting the lead activity to them?

Thank you for your help!

pastedImage_0.png

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Understanding Web Page Activity report

Hi Megan,

You first need to check the tracking is really working. It might be that the dev site is protected and does not communicate with Marketo servers or that the tracking code has not been set up properly.

Method #1 : While it is still available, create a smart list with the filter "is anonymous" = "True". See whether is returns some leads. If the smart list is empty, it means the tracking code is not functioning correctly.

Method #2 : If the landing page domain is set and the LP domain is the same as the dev site domain, you can also create a quick Marketo LP with a form, go to that LP and fill out the form, then navigate to the dev site. Then go to the lead database and search for the lead (having the same email you used to fill out the form). Look at the activity log of this lead and check you see the web page visits on the dev web site.

-Greg

Megan_Raftery
Level 1

Thanks very much. I tried Method 1 and the Smartlist (is Anonymous=true, Web page = dev url) does show anonymous leads.

So, the question is, why no non-anonymous leads?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Megan,

What is the URL of your dev site and that of the Marketo landing pages ? If the domains are different, you cannot make an anonymous lead known with your LPs.

See here for multi-domain related information

-Greg