Re: Unbounce Integration Issue

Chad_Frederikse
Level 1

Hi Sanford, would you mind showing me your workaround for this? I can pass the leads into Marketo, but not pull in the UTM data I need. If you have a method to do this I would be very grateful! 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hmm, mapping UTMs/query params to hidden fields shouldn't be a problem with their usual setup (the major Unbounce problem is at a different level).

But we will of course have that hidden field stuff in place as well... let know when you want a walkthrough.

John_Teixeira
Level 1

Sanford Whiteman‌ would you mind showing me or emailing me the steps for the unbounce integration? We just adopted unbounce and I noticed the lack of Associate Lead functionality. I was going to just use an iframed form but if you have a better way please let me know.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I can walk you through it on my JoinMe. So simple, yet not published still...

John_Teixeira
Level 1

Thanks, messaged you!

Victor_Bloise1
Level 1

Hi @SanfordWhiteman - here we are in 2022 evaluating Unbounce for a specific use case, for mostly existing leads, and their integration still isn't great. No Munchkin, no activity and what's worse now, using the integration creates endless duplicates (likely because it bypasses the Marketo's dedupe at the API level?)

Are you still ok on showing how you managed to get around it like you did for other users? If yes, that would be amazing.

Thank you!

John_Teixeira
Level 1

Thanks for your help Sanford Whiteman‌! The solution you showed me worked great. I agree you should definitely publish a blog post about this, it's valuable info for the community and it helps get the optimal use out of Marketo as a product.