Re: Unapprove an approved email program

Davy_H
Level 2

Unapprove an approved email program

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if theres any possibility of cancelling an email program that has an A/B test and is approved? The email asset is being used by the email program, however I'm unable to delete the email in the program as it is approved. I can't unapprove the program as it is using the email asset - abit of a loop really! Any advice is appreciated - I've had a look through the community but haven't seen a similar issue.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Davy,

Removed my original reply because I realise I might have misinterpreted your question. Has the program already run? Can you share a screenshot of the program dashboard?

RE: the asset unapproving part of this, you must remove all references to an asset in smart campaigns/email program set up in order to be able to unapprove it. But I can't replicate the unapproving program issue myself - not on one that hasn't run.

Davy_H
Level 2

Hey Grace,

Thanks for this, but I no longer seem to have the option to remove the A/B test (possibly because I've approved the program?) See below:

marketo1.JPG

marketo2.JPG

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Davy,

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you try the "Unapprove Program" button in the dashboard?

Davy_H
Level 2

Hi Grace, sure - see below

marketo3.JPG

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Davy - you might want to log a ticket with support on this one. I've tried setting up a program with all the same settings as yours and can't seem to replicate the "not allowed" error message - looks like this might be a bug.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Davy - do you have any smart campaigns sitting inside the email program utilising the email A/B test in a smart list filter or flow step? Something like program status update smart campaigns or something like that? (they do not even need to be live) This can prevent you from unapproving the program (as you are using a part of the program - ie. the A/B test), so if you unhook anything like that you should be able to unapprove, which would allow you to fix the rest. That's what your error msg looks like to me.

Davy_H
Level 2

Hi Veronica,

No other smart campaigns in place. Only the email program has the asset in use, in which I cant remove unapprove the program or undo the email in the program.

Davy_H
Level 2

Thanks for everyones assistance, it seems to have resolved itself - I tried again after a few hours and was finally showing the 'remove A/B test' option.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Phew! Sorry we weren't able to get to the bottom of it but glad it's fixed