Unable to upload lists - "Unknown Error"

Highlighted
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unable to upload lists - "Unknown Error"

Several members of my team have notified me today that they are unable to upload/import new leads to static lists into Marketo.  They're receiving an "unknown error".  A support ticket has been raised.  Is that happening to anyone else?  Would be good to know if this was a sitewide issue or just in our instance.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Unable to upload lists - "Unknown Error"

Haven't heard of this. Has happened to me in the past though. Usually on a lead by lead basis.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan - I believe I came across this error in the past. If I remember correctly, it ended up being an issue with the upload file.

It may be worth grabbing the source file again, changing the name, ensuring it's a CSV and re-uploading (If they haven't already tried this).

Highlighted

yeah, if you make sure it's UTF8 from notepad. But I've also had weird issues where a bad character was already in the database and created errors on upload.

Highlighted

Just came across this issue and every time I tried to re-upload, it updates a portion of the leads but not all of them. I would then use the failed CSV file to re-upload the leads that were not updated. After re-uploading 7 or 8 times, it eventually imported the remaining leads. The list only had 2 columns, email address and a custom field I wanted to update and contained ~45,000 leads. In the wizard, I chose the "List Import Mode" of "Default (Fast Import)".

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received this error today as well. It failed all of my list.  I've never received this error.  I've tried reloading and it will not take any of the names

Highlighted

I got an error of MultipleLeadFound today. But they were not. When I tried again, they went through.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I've seen that error if someone uploads leads without an email address