SOLVED

Re: Unable to select advanced filters

Go to solution
Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Unable to select advanced filters

Sure it's something simple I'm missing but any idea why I'm unable to select 'advanced filters' for the below smart list?

I want the filters to be:

<'fills out form contains xxxx' or 'fills out form is xxxx'> AND CAN is empty

The 'advanced filters' option is greyed out as if the set-up is wrong...

pastedImage_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adele_Miller
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Hi Ellie

That is because your first 2 items are triggers - this means the smart campaign will run only when that action has been taken.

Triggers cannot be filtered as they will run exclusively of each other - so in this example the campaign will run if the form filled out contains the top 2 names OR fills out on of the 23 forms you have listed.

The only filter is the CAN one, which is why it has a '1' at the start.

Does that make sense? Hope it helps!

Thanks
Adele

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Adele_Miller

Hi Ellie

That is because your first 2 items are triggers - this means the smart campaign will run only when that action has been taken.

Triggers cannot be filtered as they will run exclusively of each other - so in this example the campaign will run if the form filled out contains the top 2 names OR fills out on of the 23 forms you have listed.

The only filter is the CAN one, which is why it has a '1' at the start.

Does that make sense? Hope it helps!

Thanks
Adele

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Hi Adele,  thanks for your quick response! That makes sense - is there a way round this so I can apply the CAN filter somehow?

Adele_Miller

Hi Ellie the CAN filter will be applied to both of these triggers already based on your picture so everything is perfect!

Thanks
Adele

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Ah perfect - thanks!

Daniela_Bachman
Level 2

Hi, I am currently creating a smart list (no triggers) and I am unable to select "Advance filters." See Screenshot! Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 9.40.03 AM.png

***UPDATED***

For those who are new to marketo, IF you have three or more filters, then you are able to use Advanced Filters in a Smart List. I hope this helps!