SOLVED

Unable to login to University

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unable to login to University

Some members of my team have been trying to access Marketo University.  For a week, now there's no way to get past the login screen (see thread here: Can't access Marketo University ).  Since no one from Marketo has responded, I thought I'd post it here in Products to get more visibility.  Opened up a Support ticket as well.

Login to University.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_

Re: Unable to login to University

Per Philip Tieu​:

Hi Everyone! I got in touch with our operations team and found out what's causing this to happen. They replied with the following:

Marketo University Portal clean-up process:

In an effort to maintain and ensure quality service to our users on the LMS (University Portal), the university team will go in monthly and clean up the user list. 

What does this mean? 

• Any user who has been inactive for over 6 months will be deactivated. 
  • Any user who has multiple accounts will only have the most recent account remain active.  All other accounts will be deactivated.

What happens if a user wishes to reactivate their account?

So it looks like those affected have their accounts marked as inactive and then deactivated, please email university@marketo.com and they will reactivate your account. Thanks in advance for your support and cooperation!

Sincerely,

Philip

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Have they tried to cleanse their browser historical information?

There is a SSO from your Marketo user to the community and from the community to the University and for us, it works well.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Greg - yep, we tried all that (cleared out everything):

pastedImage_0.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Then I suppose this is a case for support. Might be simply a provisioning issue as apparently the university is a distinct system from the community.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue. This is all I see:

mrkouniversity.jpg

I should note that I am the admin. It does not seem to be user permissions related.

Dan_Stevens_

I heard back from Support today, but unfortunately they can't get any response from the Education team.  He's going to try to escalate this through some other channels.

Dan_Stevens_

Per Philip Tieu​:

Hi Everyone! I got in touch with our operations team and found out what's causing this to happen. They replied with the following:

Marketo University Portal clean-up process:

In an effort to maintain and ensure quality service to our users on the LMS (University Portal), the university team will go in monthly and clean up the user list. 

What does this mean? 

• Any user who has been inactive for over 6 months will be deactivated. 
  • Any user who has multiple accounts will only have the most recent account remain active.  All other accounts will be deactivated.

What happens if a user wishes to reactivate their account?

So it looks like those affected have their accounts marked as inactive and then deactivated, please email university@marketo.com and they will reactivate your account. Thanks in advance for your support and cooperation!

Sincerely,

Philip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the follow up on this!

Marcia_Kerber
Level 3

I am having the same problem.  I have submitted a ticket, and was told to email the unversity.  I have emailed them twice with no response.  This is frustrating.

Marcia Kerber
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent an email directly to university@marketo.com. I listed the email I use to login to Marketo asking them to reactivate me. I also included a link to this thread for reference. They were very prompt. Don't give up!