Unable to delete custom objects

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to delete custom objects

I'm trying to erase 2 custom objects from my sandbox but for some reason the option is greyed out. I've erased a one-to-many object before but it seems that this many-to-many setup does not want to leave.

Per the docs: "If the custom object is linked to an intermediary object, you must delete the intermediary object first." I'm trying to erase the intermediary object but unable to do so. I've erased all the fields on it that I could too but still nothing but a greyed out delete option.

15 REPLIES 15
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Unable to delete custom objects

Can you add a screenshot of where you're trying to delete the intermediary object? Or copy any error text you're getting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No errors, just do not have the option.

Screenshot 2016-11-14 13.47.50.png

In right column list:

Screenshot 2016-11-14 13.47.59.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tony,

Have you tried to remove one or the 2 link fields before trying to erase the object?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have, but when I go to field actions, no dropdown actions show for linked fields. For unlinked fields I can see delete just fine.

Screenshot 2016-11-14 14.05.49.png

Screenshot 2016-11-14 14.06.03.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tony,

I observe the same thing on my own instance. Weird...

It seems to be that it will take support help

I would not be surprised if it was linked to licensing issues...

Keep us posted of what support says.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tony,

We are having the same problem, please let us know what was the outcome on your end...

Thanks, -Markus

Chris_Francis
Level 4

I just encountered this issue today as well.  It has never been an issue in the past for us

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, good to know it's not just me. I have an open ticket so I will let you all know the outcome.

Markus_Colon
Level 1

Hi Tony,

Have you heard back from support in regards to your ticket? I also opened a ticket on Tuesday, but have not heard back yet; any info is  appreciated. Thanks, -Markus