SOLVED

Re: Unable to add new user "This userid is in use. Choose another email"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to add new user "This userid is in use. Choose another email"

When I try to add a new admin user to my instance, I get the following message "This userid is in use. Choose another email". I confirmed the e-mail in questions is NOT currently an admin user. I thought maybe he was a lead and the system was confusing the two, so i deleted his lead record (this is sandbox so no data integrity issues) but get the same message.

Then I remembered, I think each e-mail address can only be associated with one Marketo instance. Is that true? The person I am trying to add must have access to another instance with that e-mail address.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Summer,

Correct, the email address can only be associated with one instance (everyone logs in at login.marketo.com), although you should be able to use it once that user has been deleted from the other instance.

Grant

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Summer,

Yes that is true.  You can only have one email address associated with one Marketo instance.  Even if you delete the user from the instance their email address was associated with, I don't believe you can re-use that email address in a different instance.

Thank you,

Courtney

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Summer,

Correct, the email address can only be associated with one instance (everyone logs in at login.marketo.com), although you should be able to use it once that user has been deleted from the other instance.

Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Summer

My company is using email alias and the user can access two instances.

I hope this is your solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, one email address per Marketo.

Suggest creating an email alias for your second login (That's what we consultants do).