UTM tracking

Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Re: UTM tracking

It is because you don't have those custom string fields set up. I would recommend doing so moving forward, but in the meantime, it looks like Dan had some insight below. If you need help on setting up those fields and integrating them with your CRM, let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! The form trigger with query string instead of date worked Thanks!

Thanks

Christina

P.S. Easily calculate the impact of automating your accounts payable

process using our custom ROI calculator. Click here

<https://www.mineraltree.com/resources/ap-automation-roi/>

Christina Pappas

Director of Marketing

617.299.3399 x159

christina.pappas@mineraltree.com

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Chelsea Kiko <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Christine,

You'll need to know the name of the field you are using to capture your UTM Source information.... this is a custom field you should have built that is hidden on the form and appended via URL parameter or cookie value on form submit. So the value goes from the URL into a field in Marketo. Most users name these fields UTM Source, UTM Medium, UTM Campaign.

If you're having trouble finding this field, I suggest you reach out to your Admin to understand where/how your UTM values of being captured on form submit. Could also see where this data is going by finding a record you know filled your form and looking in the Filled Out Form activity to see what fields were filled on submit. If UTM parameters are not show there where the other lead information is captured, you'll have to create the custom fields and add them to your forms as hidden. I would reach out to your admin before venturing down this road though as something should be in place.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant do this because it is a form on a webpage and so the form is for all

referrers.

Thanks

Christina

P.S. Easily calculate the impact of automating your accounts payable

process using our custom ROI calculator. Click here

<https://www.mineraltree.com/resources/ap-automation-roi/>

Christina Pappas

Director of Marketing

617.299.3399 x159

christina.pappas@mineraltree.com

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Keith Nyberg <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

UTM capture will work on any page, even non-Marketo pages...so not really sure I understand the comment.

Again, if the UTM parameter exists in your URL, and you have hidden fields to capture this information on your form and set that fields to capture values based on URL parameter, the filter I mentioned will work.

Referrer is only needed via the process that Dan recommended.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I cant do this because it is a form on a webpage and so the form is for all

referrers.

Like Keith, I don't see the relevance.

You can (and should) AutoFill hidden fields from UTM parameters because of the fact that the form is used in multiple contexts.

Also, like Dan says, "Referrer" in a Filled Out Form trigger refers to the current page (the page hosting the form), not the other interpretation of "Referrer" which is the previous page.