SOLVED

URLs for Landing Pages in a cloned program

Go to solution
Becky_Miner
Level 3

URLs for Landing Pages in a cloned program

When you clone a program, why do the URLs for the new landing pages "build" on top of the last set of URLs?  For example, for my webinar template, the end of the registration page URL looks like this:

/Webinar-CleanTemplate_Registration.html

When I cloned the program template to create a new webinar, the new registration page URL looks like this:

/WebinarIFRS13092613_Webinar-CleanTemplate_Registration.html

The new webinar title/name is thrown at the beginning, but the old webinar title/name remains in the URL. So, I have to go into each one and clean it up.  Why doesn't this just change/update automatically through cloning?  Is there something I need to do in the cloning process to help this happen correctly?  

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: URLs for Landing Pages in a cloned program

That is just the nature of cloning programs at the moment.

As part of your checklist after cloning a program is going into all your LPs and change the name (if your not happy with it) and the URL for public consumption (better SEO). 

Also, double check which confirmation LP  you land on after submitting your program form. Your form may still point back to the confimation LP of  the program you just cloned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Becky! I encounter the same issue every time as well & believe it is part of the process when cloning landing pages. It would be a great idea to post!
Edward_Masson
Level 10

That is just the nature of cloning programs at the moment.

As part of your checklist after cloning a program is going into all your LPs and change the name (if your not happy with it) and the URL for public consumption (better SEO). 

Also, double check which confirmation LP  you land on after submitting your program form. Your form may still point back to the confimation LP of  the program you just cloned.
Becky_Miner
Level 3

Thanks!  Appreciate the feedback.  I will definitely post as an idea.