URL Parameters and Sitecore

Anonymous
Not applicable

URL Parameters and Sitecore

Anyone have any luck passing URL parameters on a sitecore CMS page that is hosting a forms 2.0 embedded form? The UTM parameters pass fine on a Marketo hosted page with the same form but the sitecore page is throwing things off.

Just wondering if this is supported out of the box or if some custum java code is needed?Or other solution?  If Java is needed, any suggestions?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: URL Parameters and Sitecore

Heyy Jeff,

This should work the same way as it does for a Marketo LP if you're using the embed code.  Do you have an example page you could share where parameters are getting grabbed into your fields?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Kenny. What is your email and will send to you. You can reach me at jcoveney@revenginemarketing.com. Thanks
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Jeff, please post back your findings here.  We're in the process of a huge website migration to Sitecore and therefore it would be useful to better understand how Marketo integrates within that environment.  We're currently using iframes, Forms 2.0 and Sharepoint.  Once migrated to Sitecore, we'll be embedding forms 2.0 instead of using iframes.  This will also require us to use a custom script so that we can minimize the number of forms being used and pass the URL of the confirmation page within the embed script:

MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjst.marketo.com", "785-UHP-775", 1057, function(form){
   //Add an onSuccess handler
   form.onSuccess(function(values, followUpUrl){
     //Take the lead to a different page on successful submit, ignoring the form's configured followUpUrl.
     location.href = "https://google.com/?q=marketo+forms+v2+examples";
     //return false to prevent the submission handler continuing with its own processing
   return false;
   });
});

I'm assuming you're familiar with this site: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, I didn't do the original implementation but can tell you that the sitecore pages are working with embedded 2.0 forms (as opposed to an iframe).  

The pro is Sitecore allows you to manage your content like the rest of your site. The con is some of the form functionality needs to be done with coding (like your example of passing the confirmation page or phone formatting). 

UPDATE on PARAMETERS
As of late last night, we were able to get the URL parameters passing the UTM values into the hidden fields. I believe our developers did something with the page's code. Will try to find out what they did.

Thanks for the tip on the specific forms page on the developers site.