SOLVED

Two programs with the same trigger...race condition?

Go to solution
bcouture
Level 2

Two programs with the same trigger...race condition?

Hey everyone,

So I recently built out a default program with a smart campaign to periodically nurture new content download leads with emails every couple of days, but I've noticed that all new content downloads are not being enrolled in my smart campaign? I'm wondering if it is because there is some race condition that is causing leads to not be enrolled, specifically my lifecycle program smart campaigns.

Here is the smart list criteria for my nurture campaign: 

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 3.00.36 PM.png

I have a hunch that this above smart campaign is firing BEFORE the lead lifecycle campaign or at the same time possibly and since the new lead doesn't have a lifecycle stage yet (of lead) than it doesn't qualify for this smart campaign.

Any thoughts here? Is my hunch accurate and if so, any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Two programs with the same trigger...race condition?

Yes, there's always an implicit race between SCs with the same trigger, and the individual flow steps may be interleaved across campaigns.

But you can also plan as if they always execute exactly in parallel. Therefore if you want to chain 2 campaigns, Campaign 2 must be launched (Request Campaign) directly from Campaign 1, or Campaign 2 must trigger on an activity that can only happen as a result of Campaign 1.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, there's always an implicit race between SCs with the same trigger, and the individual flow steps may be interleaved across campaigns.

But you can also plan as if they always execute exactly in parallel. Therefore if you want to chain 2 campaigns, Campaign 2 must be launched (Request Campaign) directly from Campaign 1, or Campaign 2 must trigger on an activity that can only happen as a result of Campaign 1.

bcouture
Level 2

that's what I figured, thanks for your suggestions. I'll implement one of them!