SOLVED

Re: Twitter Leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Twitter Leads

Is there a way to automatically upload leads from Twitter? Or is there a best practice for this? Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Derrick, you can create a form in Marketo and set the Twitter lead generation card to post to your form. You don't need to add any fields to your form, they will be managed from Twitter. From there you can customize the 3 user information fields (name, email, and Twitter screen name) and pass the other hidden fields needed. Since the Twitter name is just one string for the full name (or whatever the user will type there), I highly recommend to post it to a custom field and not to your First Name field.

Here is the complete procedure: https://launchpoint.marketo.com/assets/Uploads/Twitter-Card-Integration2.pdf

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you further expand your question? Is this a matter of followers or people who click on a tweeted link?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a user that obtained leads from our company Twitter. Is there a way / connector to automatically upload these leads moving forward from Twitter if they engage with us instead of a manual upload?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Derrick, you can create a form in Marketo and set the Twitter lead generation card to post to your form. You don't need to add any fields to your form, they will be managed from Twitter. From there you can customize the 3 user information fields (name, email, and Twitter screen name) and pass the other hidden fields needed. Since the Twitter name is just one string for the full name (or whatever the user will type there), I highly recommend to post it to a custom field and not to your First Name field.

Here is the complete procedure: https://launchpoint.marketo.com/assets/Uploads/Twitter-Card-Integration2.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need to create a new Marketo form for every Twitter card? Or can you use the same one every time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emily, you can always use the same form for all your cards but if you do so, I suggest that you pass a field that will tell you which card has been submitted. If you promote several marketing offers on Twitter, this will allow you to trigger the right nurture program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

subscribe
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input, Francois! I think we may go down this path!