Is anyone successfully sending out SMS messages with Twilio? I cannot seem to get the webhook to trigger a send. The webhook is firing as needed and, when testing only within Twilio, I am able to get a message through. It seems the trouble is in the call itself. I'm using the following format:
//POST to URL (replacing with acctual info):
Any guidance would be appreciated!
I've run into the same issue. I reached out to Twilio, this was the response:
Sandy Huie (Twilio)
Oct 13, 6:05 PM PDT
Thanks for writing in to Twilio Support.
The 21605 error is for too many characters. Marketo is using our deprecated /SMS/Messages Resource in their code. They need to update to our /Messages Resource in order for you to take advantage of all the benefits. One of which is concatenated message bodies with up to 1600 characters.
Here is our FAQ on the benefits of updating:
If you would like to take advantage of these benefits, I would suggest contacting Marketo to have them update their code.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9-6pm PST
Is anyone successfully using Twilio via Marketo at the moment?
Response code 1000
I reached out to support and got some documentation in return, but no success.
I believe I'm using the latest /Messages resource.
I'll keep trying and will post updates.
It seems it was a simple slip up on my part. Response code 1000 is Marketo saying that the Webhook is being called with a batch campaign vs the required triggered. I set up campaign pair with a request campaign flow and campaign requested trigger and it worked. Thanks for the feedback everybody!
I've been going back and forth between Marketo Support and Twilio Support for the past few days.
Twilio states Marketo needs to update code, while Marketo states as long as the URL used in the webhook is up to date, all is good.
I went back to Twilio to confirm the URL I have is current (I pulled it from documentation in this Community). Twilio support advised me to remove the 'SMS' from the URL.
I made this change, and my initial test worked - I can send texts via Twilio/Marketo webhook integration again.
Hope this helps someone.