Turning off cookies for internal landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turning off cookies for internal landing pages

I am producing internal landing pages for our customer service team to enter data into Marketo. I have heard you need to turn off cookie tracking when data is entered otherwise Marketo thinks the person entering the data is the customer and tags them with a cookie. Does anyone know how to do this?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Turning off cookies for internal landing pages

Your best bet would be to use the form on a non-marketo page with a marketo form. 

What you will want to do is create your form, add it to a page and preview it (you'll want to copy the form out of the source code). 

You will want to exclude the 
<input type="hidden" name="munchkinId" value="xxx-xxx-xxx" />

Take that form code and put it into your non-marketo landing page. Doing this will allow your team to submit additional lead details without being cookied. 

Hope this helps! 

- Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the above suggestion (excluding the munckin code) still work if the non-marketo page still has the website munchkin tracking code installed?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had our web developers build a new page in our CMS that had munchkin code disabled, and it works as per Jeff's suggestion. So for your question, it would probably still work, but Marketo will think each person entered into the form is that person, and so cookie them every time, which is not ideal.