Trying to send myself Samples

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to send myself Samples

For some reason samples are not being sent to me! I have no clue why? I checked Unsubscribed, and black list. 

Thoughts? 
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to send myself Samples

Hey Stephen,
Have you checked your spam folder?

I would also make sure that your lead is not subscribed and that you are not black listed. Then send yourself an email via a Smart Campaign to see if you receive the email.

If you do not receive the email, check your activity log for the bounce message Marketo received and that will provide more information into why you are not receiving emails from Marketo. If there is an "Email Delivered" activity but you are still not receiving the emails, I would consult your IT team to see why they emails are not reaching your inbox even though the email server is sending Marketo a Delivered message. I would also recommended to whitelist Marketo IP addresses as descrbied here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KypECAS

White listing is a great way to increase deliverability to your own email server.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you uploaded yourself to the lead database in Marketo? If your email address isn't in the Marketo lead database, then it won't send the test. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comments. The issue was because I had a token in the Senders Address. For some reason samples do not like having that. Even when I assigned a lead to the sample it was hit and mis with the sample getting  to me. I'm guessing it's a flaw in the system. I'm not 100% why it was not working. But I just removed the token and it worked fine.