Re: Troubleshooting list imports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Troubleshooting list imports

I'm trying to import lead lists to Marketo and I keep getting a "Failed" message. Any ideas for troubleshooting this issue? I'm uploading them as a csv file and there are only about 300 leads on the list.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Caitlin,

At what stage in the process are you receiving the "Failed" message--when trying to upload, before or after mapping your CSV columns to fields, etc.?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After mapping the my CSV columns - the box will appear on the upper right hand side and say that the import is in process, then it will say that the import failed.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Caitlin McCormick​ I remember having these issues in the past. I can't remember 100% what I did to resolve it but things I remember trying:

• make sure there is no stray data in other columns that doesn't have a header, sometimes a cell being populated in column ADY throws the whole thing off
  • try explicitly declaring the file format as a .csv rather than using auto-detect
  • there are sometimes different types of .csv file types and I remember it might make a difference -- try saving as a Windows CSV or a DOS CSV (I can't remember which is the one) but play with that
  • Make sure you have at least one additional column mapped besides email address
  • rub your lucky rabbit's foot and try again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Unfortunately, none of those actions helped.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

At that point I would contact support...please do post back what was causing the problem, would be useful to know how you solved it.