Hi all. Has anyone experienced issues with A/B testing results not being sent to an entire database? I am working to submit a support ticket, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or similar experiences with A/B test results not working properly.
Can you clarify your question a little further? Do you mean that a "winner" was not sent to the rest of your target list?
Correct, I don't think the winner is being sent to the rest of the list. When I look at the mailbox icon, it still has a clock around the icon.
Okay. How long ago did you set up the email? I notice that I get that symbol sometimes if I don't refresh after launching a campaign. I know that's not a technical response, but it's worth mentioning. We can also investigate your set up. I'm assuming that you were doing a test and set the test percentages. What percentage of your target list did you send to each group? If you did a 50-50 split, there's no leads left in your target list to send the winner to. The more detail you can give, the better
How long did you set the test up for? The minimum is four hours. So if you launch the test at 6am, the winner at the earliest won't be sent until 10am.
Did you have the winner declared manually or automatically?
We set up the test so that after 24 hours, it would go to our audience. Attached are two screenshots of a quarterly newsletter that didn't go out to the remaining of our database.
It does look like the test is still running. I think the test is stuck which would warrant a support ticket. You can see that the test is still running and a winner hasn't been declared. I'm assuming clicks to open with a 3 subject line test. Time to call support on this one I think.
I agree with Jessica, I think the program is stuck. Email programs follow the Campaign Limit that is set up in your Admin. You can read more about it here. If your email campaign is trying to send to more people than your Campaign Limit allows, it will fail. They usually will fail on their own, but it might take a while.
Thanks, everyone, for providing insight. We opened a Marketo case, and according to support, it looks like the email wasn't in the approved state. I sent them the attached screen shot, so hopefully they will provide some insight.