SOLVED

Triggers and Filters: Which to Use When

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggers and Filters: Which to Use When

Hi,

I am creating a smart campaign for form submissions for a promo I am running.  I was just curious about the difference between using a filter vs a trigger for the action "fills out form."

Which should I use and when? Does it make a difference?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triggers and Filters: Which to Use When

If you want flow steps to execute immediately at the time a form is completed, you should use a trigger. If you want the flow to execute after-the-fact to leads who previously completed the form, use a filter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want flow steps to execute immediately at the time a form is completed, you should use a trigger. If you want the flow to execute after-the-fact to leads who previously completed the form, use a filter.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I use the trigger for form fill, that way I get to see who fills out the form right away.  The other way is batched schedule.  The only reason why I'd do the latter is for our data associate so she can keep up with the flow of new leads and having to reformat the entries. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The filter will have to run as a batch; you might check every hour, for example, for new form submissions and then run your workflow.  The trigger will listen and act immediately.

Filters are somewhat easier on your system load, so better to use when convenient.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much for your responses to my question!  I now understand the difference.

Best,

Jen