SOLVED

Triggering when SFDC user task is completed?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering when SFDC user task is completed?

Hey all -

Just wanted to check and see if anyone has figured out if smart campaigns can be triggered by a user completing a specific task on a contact or lead.  I can't seem to figure this out w/o using Salesforce workflows. We want a Salesforce user to "complete" a research task, and when they do complete that task, Marketo kicks off a sales notification email.  I know we could ask sales to complete a task AND switch a campaign status to do this, but I would like to not have them take 2 paths to complete if possible.

Would it be the "Activity is Logged" trigger? Seems to me the activity we're asking to be logged would be added on the SFDC user's activity record, not the contact the task was about. It's the rep taking the action, not the contact.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triggering when SFDC user task is completed?

Hi Ryan Spaulding ,

Is the activity/task they're completing attached to a particular contact or lead in SFDC? Even if it is the user completing the task, it should be logged as an activity related to a particular contact/lead in your database. If this is the case for you, then you're right, the activity triggered filter is the one  you want to use! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ryan Spaulding ,

Is the activity/task they're completing attached to a particular contact or lead in SFDC? Even if it is the user completing the task, it should be logged as an activity related to a particular contact/lead in your database. If this is the case for you, then you're right, the activity triggered filter is the one  you want to use! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you show me how you built this because even using Marketo Activity Logged is not giving me the option to show that it was completed.