Triggering a Nurture Program from SFDC Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering a Nurture Program from SFDC Campaign

I am in the process of setting up a nurture program to trigger as the result of a sales rep adding a lead to a SFDC campaign. Usually, we have our nurture programs launch as a result of a lead entering the system overall, so this is a slightly new set up for me.  I have set up standard email campaigns to go from Sales Insights/SFDC Campaigns but not a nurture, so the transitions are throwing me a little and I am not sure if I am a step behind each one or if I am setting these up right. We have 5 emails in this nurture track, and I have set up the streams as follows:

Talent Management Nurture.png

The plan to get this to activate is as follows:

• Sales rep adds lead to SFDC campaign
  • Cadence:
    • Email 1 sends as soon as the lead is added to the campaign and program
    • Email 2 sends a week after the first
    • Email 3 sends a week after the second
    • Email 4 sends a week after the third
    • Email 5 sends a week after the fourth
  • Using the transition within the streams, I have set up everything as follows:

Talent Management Nurture Transitions.png

At the very end (once Email 5 has been delivered), I have a final stream named "Program Complete" that I would like to move people into. For that, I have used a smart campaign that denotes the Smart List as the delivery of Email 5 and then the Flow to change the stream they are in.

Am I setting this up correctly? Or would it be smarter to have one stream for all five emails, and set the cadence from there - my only concern is if we wanted to change the cadence to be less regular (i.e. email 2 after 3 days, email 4 after 5 days etc). Can that be done in the standard cadence settings or would that then be an occasion to use the transition rules?

Help is always appreciated and if I have missed out any information, please let me know. Also, if my second

Michelle

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Triggering a Nurture Program from SFDC Campaign

You can make this simpler.

1. Add to SFDC Campaign - triggers Email 1 and the addition to Stream 1
  2. Stream 1 is a weekly cadence
  3. Use a batch campaign to say "When Member of Stream 1 is Exhausted, Change to Stream 2 - End"

But the point of an Engagement is that this is a Regular Cadence program where you add more and more content (or swap regularly). If you need an irregular cadence, use a smart campaign+wait steps.

Now, you can shift people to faster or slower streams, but the cadence itself is still regular in each stream.

Nurturing Your Audience the Way they Want to be Nurtured

Marketo Engagements and Drip Nurturing - Boston User Group Dec 10 2013 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triggering a Nurture Program from SFDC Campaign

Hey Josh,

Simpler is always appreciated! I do have further questions:

• Should I use Smart Campaigns only rather than using the transition rules within each stream?
  • If I make Stream 1 a weekly cadence, that usually requires a specific day for the email to be sent out - I would like the cadence to be based on when the lead is added to the campaign so that they aren't waiting for a specific day of the week

If you wouldn't mind laying it out in terms of set up for me, that would be hugely helpful.

Many thanks,

Michelle