SOLVED

Triggering Email off of something not integrated with marketo

Go to solution
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Triggering Email off of something not integrated with marketo

Hey team, hopefully I can explain this well. Post sale, we use a customer management tool that doesn't integrate with Marketo or Salesforce. I'd love to be able to send a triggered email off of something that happens in that tool (etc. when they purchase an additional product, send a thank you email with explanation).

Can you think of anything I can do to trigger an email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggering Email off of something not integrated with marketo

You don't need an always-on bidirectional sync to trigger activities in Marketo.

But you absolutely need to be able to call out from your other platform. This could mean a simple webhook or form post, or even running a local app (on the server) -- but there has to be something in your platform that can respond to that "something that happens" and communicate with another process.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggering Email off of something not integrated with marketo

You don't need an always-on bidirectional sync to trigger activities in Marketo.

But you absolutely need to be able to call out from your other platform. This could mean a simple webhook or form post, or even running a local app (on the server) -- but there has to be something in your platform that can respond to that "something that happens" and communicate with another process.