SOLVED

Triggered email won't include email address of person who clicked batch email

Go to solution
Amber_Heindl
Level 2

Triggered email won't include email address of person who clicked batch email

I'm sending out batch emails to a specific target list that I import myself. When ever a client opens the email- I want to send a triggered email to one salesperson. In the triggered email, I want to include the email address of the person who clicked on the batch email. I've tried using different tokens but nothing works. Is this function even available in Marketo or is the smart campaign set up wrong? Please advise See screenshots.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amber_Heindl
Level 2

Re: Triggered email won't include email address of person who clicked batch email

There must've been something wrong with my servers yesterday because it works today. All the screenshots above are correct!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggered email won't include email address of person who clicked batch email

Please remove all those attachments and paste the images inline, into the body of your message. Not all people who use the Community can see attachments (the feature really shouldn't exist for this reason).

Amber_Heindl
Level 2

smart campaign.JPGspiro customers flow.JPGspiro customers smart list.JPGtrigger email flow.JPGtrigger email smart list.JPGtriggered email.JPG

SanfordWhiteman

The SC that sends the email isn't part of the equation, nor is the fact that it was batch vs. trigger.

The standard token {{lead.Email Address}} is the address of the person who Clicks Link in Email, thus triggering the Send Alert.

Amber_Heindl
Level 2

Hi Sanford, thanks so much for the response.

I didn't say it was batch vs triggered. I said I want the email address of each person who clicked my batch email to be in each trigger email that gets sent to sales. The emails are in the same campaign and are dependent on each other. You will see in the image that I did in fact use the lead email address token but it did not work. I received the default value- as per the image above

Thanks!

token.JPG

SanfordWhiteman

I didn't say it was batch vs triggered. I said I want the email address of each person who clicked my batch email to be in each trigger email that gets sent to sales.

The origin SC doesn't matter... like, at all.

The only thing that matters is that you're responding to a Clicked Email trigger.

The correct token will always be {{lead.Email Address}}. I suspect there's something wrong with your testing, like you're not sending a real email but using a sample instead.

Amber_Heindl
Level 2

I'm scheduling real campaigns for testing. The problem is that the triggered email token shows the email of the salesperson who opens it- not the email address of the person who opened the initial batch email. That is what I am trying to accomplish. Maybe I'm using the wrong filters or triggers?

Amber_Heindl
Level 2

There must've been something wrong with my servers yesterday because it works today. All the screenshots above are correct!

SanfordWhiteman

OK, at least you were doing it right on your end.