SOLVED

Triggered Random sends based on time

Go to solution
Michael_McGowa1
Level 3

Triggered Random sends based on time

I want to set up an experiment where 50% of the welcome emails go out immediately (it's a triggered email by an API call), and the rest go out 30 minutes later. Please take a look at the flow steps. Is this correct? My concern is that those who received the welcome email immediately will also receive it 30 minutes later.Welcome-Flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggered Random sends based on time

While this is workable as-is, I would recommend avoiding Activity Log "lookback filters" whenever you can, for the sake of your instance.

Instead, use the Random Sample to do something that can be checked outside of the ActLog itself, such as adding people to a Program with one of 2 statuses. Then use those statuses to determine whether to Wait or not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Triggered Random sends based on time

While this is workable as-is, I would recommend avoiding Activity Log "lookback filters" whenever you can, for the sake of your instance.

Instead, use the Random Sample to do something that can be checked outside of the ActLog itself, such as adding people to a Program with one of 2 statuses. Then use those statuses to determine whether to Wait or not.