Re: Trigger setup based on form response

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

Trigger setup based on form response

I am trying to setup a trigger email based on the response to the form. Is this the correct setup?

pastedImage_1.png

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pls change from Discussion to Question.

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

how do i do that?

SanfordWhiteman

When you open a thread you have the choice (and should pretty much always choose Question). Don't know where it is to change after the fact.

See, now you can't mark Jackie's answer as Correct.

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

This looks like it will work. They need to fill out the customize.form and have the travel type data value contain charter the way I understand what you have set up.

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

that is exactly how i want it to work. so glad it will work 

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

This flow will work when someone will fill the added form and travel type value will contain charter. So, flow will be triggered when both condition will be true.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Christian_Tovar
Level 3

Hi,

Coming back to this. So what if I want to send two different thank you emails? What's the best way to set up and what's the best way to test that it will work.

Right now we have it as smart campaigns in a program. Is that best practice?

pastedImage_1.png

I want to send two different thank you emails based on the new leads so it will look like this

New person fills out form and travel type is charter = thank you email for charter

new person fills out form and travel type is per seat = thank you email for per seat

SanfordWhiteman

You may not need a different email. If the content only differs by a couple of lines, for example, then switching on a single Lead field like this is easier using a single email and a Velocity token. (More email assets mean more housekeeping.)

If you need a different email, then you can have 2 Smart Campaigns, one for each Travel Type value.

Also, if this only for new leads you should use the trigger Person Created with a form constraint, not Fills Out Form (despite people's tendency to use FoF, it cannot directly determine whether someone is net new).

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

Hi Sanford,

Yes, the two emails will need to be different. I think for now I can do two different emails and later created velocity tokens. 

So you're saying instead of fills out form "customize..." I should do person created like this: pastedImage_1.png

To make sure I understand. You're saying that doing it this way makes sure that it's a person that is coming in new for the very first time? What if they haven't been with us for a long while, wouldn't I want them to receive the welcome email again?