Re: Trigger sales when known prospect visits a number of webpages

Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

Trigger sales when known prospect visits a number of webpages

Hi,

need some help for this.

I want to notify my sales team when a known prospect is visiting our website and visits for example 20 pages.

What type of campaign should I create and how can I include the visited pages in an email. How will this campaign keep on running?

First I had the idea of creating a report, and have people subscribed, but I do not see the option to subscribe conditionally ( those 20 page visits ).

What are the options?

Franky Ruysschaert
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Franky,

there are different ways to approach this, however, I'd strongly recommend to check out this super useful how-to presentation by Dan Stevens.​ for inspiration/starter: Sign in to iCloud - Apple https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0mnQav2T-hlvd5EpWdE0gboIQ

best;m

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Typically, one would include visiting a webpage as a behavioural lead scoring rule and trigger an alert to notify sales when score > x.

However, if you strictly want to trigger an email alert once 20 webpage visits have been clocked, create a custom field, type = score, as a counter

Create a smart campaign and allow leads to run through every time.

trigger = visit webpage is any

pastedImage_0.png

flow = change score is custom score and value is +1; send alert if custom score = 20

you can also add an optional step of resetting the counter at 20 so that sales is alerted again if the lead hits another 20 webpages

pastedImage_2.png

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

That campaign will trigger a ton of times and, depending on the volume of your web traffic, can lead to campaign backlogs. Another option is to have the evaluation done in the trigger itself:

pastedImage_0.png

This will run a lead through the campaign if they've visited a page at least 20 times in the past month, on their 20th visit. Use whichever minimum number of visits and time period makes sense to your business. You'd also want to set the schedule so the person can only qualify once every X days/weeks/months to prevent Sales from receiving alerts repeatedly in too short of a time frame.

Alternatively, have the Visit Web Page trigger only fire on valuable pages; someone visiting the Unsubscribe page or the Privacy Policy page probably aren't events you want to potentially use to tell Sales to reach out to someone.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

I did consider this, but with the August 2018 data retention policy, you're limited to date of activity in past 3 months.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Web activity was limited to 3 months under the legacy data retention policy as well.