SOLVED

Trigger error has caused data change issues in imported leads

Go to solution
Jessica_Korn
Level 3

Trigger error has caused data change issues in imported leads

We imported a list of leads from an event and ran them through a campaign flow, they synced to Salesforce, no problem. We thought.

Long story short, because of a trigger error (or specifically, the trigger we were mistakenly using) in a different program's campaign, they also went through a second, completely different program's campaign flow and now I have a group of leads that have the wrong person source, etc. and are all marketing suspended.

How do I resolve this issue? Is there a way to bulk update a group of leads so that they are all un-marketing suspended, given the correct person source, etc.?

Thanks!

Jessica

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Re: Trigger error has caused data change issues in imported leads

What I would do in this case is create a smart campaign to identify the leads with the wrong information and set the flow to fix the fields. To do so I would use the following filters. Filter #1  is Member of Smart Campaign for the first smart campaign that you flowed them through, filter #2 - member of smart campaign for the second campaign they accidentally qualified for. Filter #3 - Person source = x (whatever it was mistakenly set to) and the Filter #4 Marketing Suspended = True. Then, within your flow steps you can do a data value change flow step for Person Source and make it whatever it is supposed to be. Second flow would be a data value change for Marketing Suspended and set that as False.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

What I would do in this case is create a smart campaign to identify the leads with the wrong information and set the flow to fix the fields. To do so I would use the following filters. Filter #1  is Member of Smart Campaign for the first smart campaign that you flowed them through, filter #2 - member of smart campaign for the second campaign they accidentally qualified for. Filter #3 - Person source = x (whatever it was mistakenly set to) and the Filter #4 Marketing Suspended = True. Then, within your flow steps you can do a data value change flow step for Person Source and make it whatever it is supposed to be. Second flow would be a data value change for Marketing Suspended and set that as False.

Jessica_Korn
Level 3

Hmm, when I do what you've suggested, there are no members in my campaign. But I know for a fact there are leads that have run through both.

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Are you using a new smart campaign? If using an existing one make sure they are allowed to run through multiple times instead of having it limited to one time. This can be edited within the Schedule tab and down in the Smart Campaign Settings section.

If that is not the case, try removing filter #2 and see if you get any to qualify.

Jessica_Korn
Level 3

Refreshed my browser and your original advice worked. Thanks!