Trigger change in lead score after a different data value change

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger change in lead score after a different data value change

Hi Community,

I'm trying to set up a trigger campaign that will notify our Account Execs when their lead that they've already accepted (Sales Accepted Lifecycle) gets their lead score goes up an additional 50, after having the lifecycle status of Sales Accepted.

How it currently works is that when a lead's score hits 50, their lifecycle status changes to MQL and sales is notified. Sales then accepts by logging activity in our CRM which triggers their status to be Sales Accepted. The problem is that 1) sales sometimes forgets these leads and doesn't follow up more or 2) there are leads that were assigned a Sales Accepted lifecycle status because of activity that happened years ago from a sales rep - so if that leads begins to engage with us again, we want to make sure it freshly gets put before them as an engaged and qualified lead. (Currently our MQL trigger only triggers if the status is NOT Sales Accepted or Sales Qualified).

Since we don't have anything that saves the date when someone becomes MQL into a field -- I can't use that in the lead score trigger as "Lead Score changes by +50 after date of that custom field.

I would do a similar thing for leads with the lifecycle status of "customer" who have activity after they officially become a customer and could potentially be ready for more sales.

We don't want to lower the lead score when they become SA or a customer because we use that to gauge continual engagement.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to accomplish this?

Thanks!
Lisa

4 REPLIES 4
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Trigger change in lead score after a different data value change

From your logic, the date of when a lead hit 50 points is not an important factor in this because all you're really interested in knowing is when they hit 100 points, which is +50 additional points when they first hit 50 points, went into MQL and sales was notified.  Thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Jim.

Unfortunately, not all Sales Accepted Lead Scores are the same. Not everyone who is listed as Sales Accepted hit the 50 points to be MQL first and then became Sales Accepted.

Plus, we had to batch update a lot of leads to assign them their lifecycle status (since we just put a lot of this in play last month) - and a handful of those people already has a certain lead score  that wasn't exactly 50.

So if I just set it up to trigger at 100 points, it would be off for a handful of leads.

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you have a score decay program in place?  That will prevent the issue of having to distinguish when someone hit 50+ points today or 2 years ago?  I have a custom field called Date at MQL for this specific issue that you are describing.  I create this both on the lead and contact object and stamps the system date when the person hits 50 points. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a few decay campaigns on - but we don't use it a lot. My boss likes being able to see someone's cumulative lead score over time to gauge just how involved someone is with us and to be able to sort through a list of leads by the highest lead score.

I'm thinking we may have to create a custom field that you talked about.

Did you have a way of doing a batch update of everyone who already had a lead score of 50 points when you first created the custom field? Or did you just set it up to trigger from that point on?