Re: Trigger Smart Campaign not running to delete leads

Dan_Radu5
Level 1

Trigger Smart Campaign not running to delete leads

Hi,

I have a smart campaign in Marketo that is set up to delete unqualified records, every time they fill out a form or a campaign is requested.

ScribbleLive Screenshot-Bad Data Form issue-1.png

Above is the smart list (with a couple more similar flow-steps (there are also restrictions where records must have SFDC opportunity: False, and the SFDC Type: lead).

The flow step is to delete the lead in both Marketo and Salesforce.

ScribbleLive Screenshot-Bad Data Form Issue-2.png

However every time a form is filled out or the campaign is requested for test leads that meet the smart list filter criteria, the campaign doesn't run and the record is added to my database.

Need help in solving.

Best,

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please show all the filters and all the related fields for a lead you believe should've run through this. It's not possible to know whether they should've qualified without more info.

Dan_Radu5
Level 1

ScribbleLive Screenshot-Bad-Data-Filter-Issue.png

The filter logic is: (1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7) and 8 and 9

The same logic is used for a smart list for which test leads, that were supposed to be deleted, have qualified to be members of.

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

The way you set it up is not the way I would do because it's very hard to debug.

Instead, use your test smart list with these exact same filters, and check it's not empty : In your smart campaign remove all the filters and simply add one "member of smart list" -> in the test smart list.

Then go to a couple of leads that have been throught the SC and look at the activity log. Search for the "deleted lead" activity and display the details. Copy and paste the screen how here. I suspect you are trying to delete leads from SFDC while they are not in SFDC, which creates an error.

Your flow step should havea choice:

• if SFDC type is not empty -> delete from CRM
  • default : do not delete from CRM.

-Greg