Trend Micro ScanMail and Click

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trend Micro ScanMail and Click

Is anyone seeing a pattern of high click rates from clusters of companies. Perhaps companies that are using Trend Micro's ScanMail?

I'm seeing signs of surprisingly heavy click rates from selected companies in our database. I've confirmed two of the companies use ScanMail.

I'm not changing things at the moment, but I wonder if security products are eroding report accuracy. I've counseled my clients to use click % as a key performance metric and as a reason for an "important moment." Do I need to rethink things?

Thanks

Bill Freedman
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trend Micro ScanMail and Click

Bill,

I saw this when I sent emails to Trend Micro directly. It actually looked like everyone that I sent emails to from Trend Micro opened AND clicked on my email.

My guess is that they are using their product internally, and so if it is being used by their customers too, it is very likely that this is happening.

In my opinion it is still such a small percentage of the companies that are using it, that I wouldn't worry too much about it right now, I would however keep my eye on it and hope that this product does not become too popular!